Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CHANGE ON THE MOUNTAIN

One always supposes that life as it is today will always go on forever.  One is never geared for change and change usually comes when you least expect it.  Such is the case on the Burney Mountain.  

I had settled into a routine that I could see lasting for many years when, out of the blue, things changed.  I've been shanghaied back into a full-time commitment which wile likely last for several years.  I'm taking over as General Manager for a geothermal energy development company that is on the verge of taking off and running.  

I'm excited, of course, to have the opportunity to participate in a venture that is environmentally friends and that will help to decrease America's reliance on fossil fuels.  But, I have less time to devote to blogging and other things I have come to enjoy.  With five blogs, I had to make a cut somewhere and this, a daily blog, seems to be the most effective spot from the standpoint of time.

In the future, I will post here from time to time, but not on a regular basis.  Of course, I will regretfully have to drop the response to reader's questions and to change the format. 

The important thing that absolutely must be considered by all readers is that we, the people, have to keep our eyes and ears open and we have to pledge to make changes in Washington with our votes in Washington.  We have to continue to question everything that we hear and to dig for the truth, because there are few in Washington right now who have the courage to tell it to us.  They are all going in their own direction, a direction which we have come to learn is leading this country over the cliff.  

My sincere wish is that we will rout them all out in November and send a loud and clear message that we we're sick and tired of their cavalier attitude toward us, their employers, and that we are not going to put up with "business as usual" any longer. 

Be well.

The Hermit

No comments:

Post a Comment