Thursday, August 19, 2010

SCHLESSINGER USES “N” WORD; CALLS IT QUITS

Dr. Laura Schlessinger, guru to millions of Americans, (mostly women) on her national radio talk show, has decided to call it quits at the end of her contract. In one recent show, she allegedly used the “N” word 11 times in an effort to deal with the subject of racism with a caller. Schlessinger said she's not retiring or quitting. She said she feels stronger and freer to say what she believes needs to be said. "I want to be able to say what's on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry — some special interest group deciding this is a time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates and sponsors," she said.

COMMENTS:
While I agree in the First Amendment, I also understand the need to temper your use of free speech in some cases. I’m not familiar with the particulars, but there are words I would never use on the air and that is one of them. On the other hand, there are those left-wing radical bigots who would control my speech and my writing and limit my First Amendment rights. I often think that we have allowed them to have too much influence in what we say and write. If Schlessinger feels constrained, she should quit. As for the “N” word, I still don’t know why those left wingers get so upset when I call them “Numbskulls and Nitwits.”

TODAY’S QUERIES & ANSWERS:
Q. What’s this “Team Pelosi” thing I just heard about? (Clarice ~ Big Bear, CA)
A. It’s obvious that they can’t deal with the Tea Party. The Tea Party is a growing phenomenon that has its message correct and, try as they might, the left-wingers have not been able to effectively counter it. They hope they will start their own movement with the Team Pelosi thing that will gather people together like the Tea Party has. Here’s the problem. Only 13% of the county thinks Congress is doing a good job. Pelosi leads more than half of Congressional Members, so her overall popularity among the public is in that 13% range. I personally think “Team Pelosi” is dead on arrival, just like liberal talk radio. The funeral will be held November 2nd.

Q. If Obama is all uptight about the Tea Parties, why doesn’t he go talk to them? (Ginger ~ Kingman, AZ)
A. Because they ask honest questions.

Q. There was a court case in Utah where they had erected crosses along the highways to recognize fallen state troopers and the Court told them that’s unconstitutional. Any reaction? (Bart ~ Sun Valley, ID)
A. But, they can build a Muslim shrine temple next to the World Trade Center site? Don’t you get the message? I agree with religious rights, but I’m very sorry about this type of bullshit.

TODAY’S QUOTE:
“Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.” ~ Henry A. Kissinger

TODAY’S VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9qB5PVCZag&feature=ytn%3Amptnews

No comments:

Post a Comment