Monday, November 22, 2010

GENUINE SNOW JOB

Here in the woods, we had our first snow Saturday night and Sunday.  There's about a foot of the stuff on the ground and I absolutely love it.  One to two feet is plenty; more is irritating.  The whole woods gets so quiet when there is snow on the ground because it absorbs sound.  The fresh white is so clean and the air is invigorating. 

While I was standing on my back stoop watching it come down, I was taken by the enormity  and the number of the flakes.  They were very large and numerous, almost a whiteout.  And, I thought to myself that they were just like the politicians that have been occupying seats of power in Congress, the White House and state governments for the last 25 or 30 years.  Oh, there have been some good ones, I will admit, but the vast majority have been... flakes.  Literally thousands of them have existed. 

Here in the woods, the snow flakes leave every year for the spring and summer, and the flowers blossom and life is good.  In Washington and in the various state houses, the flakes just seem to hang on and hang on and life isn't so good; in fact, the stench is overcoming. 

All I can say is that I pray every night that the new kids on the block can maintain some semblance of responsibility toward us for just two paltry years, until we can get rid of some more of the flakes. My sincere hope that the remaining incumbents would get the message and straighten out their act was, obviously, a pipe dream.  



No comments:

Post a Comment