Tuesday, September 30, 2014

AT LEAST I HAVE THE GUTS TO TAKE THE BLAME AND APOLOGIZE

I was on vacation in Washington State and returned late to the mountain top to get my blogs posted when I realized that my UPS had died.  So, there I was, all ready to write and no way to do it.  

Well, I could have ventured down into the deep, dark abyss of power cords and attempted to untangle the mess, plug the pertinent power cords into a surge protector and then done my journalistic chores.  But, there was another problem... I had a glass of Irish whiskey on the rocks staring me in the face.  So, I did the natural thing and took care of first things first; I drank the whiskey.  

Unlike someone else in the country, I will now accept the blame for not getting published yesterday.  And I will apologize for ignoring my duties to you, the loyal reader.  And I will not mention the fact that James Clapper and George Bush were both sitting here drinking along with me, thereby preventing me from properly doing my job.  

But then again, I don't occupy the White House, either. 

I'll be back in my usual and rare form tomorrow.  

The Hermit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment